AWE Water Distribution O & M
||CA - California Rural Water Association Calendar
||AWE Water Distribution O & M
||California Rural Water Association
||Phillip Tran [California Rural Water Association]
||Dec 04, 2017 10:45 AM America/Eastern
||Dec 08, 2017 03:00 PM America/Eastern
||Class Information: This course prepares students to take the Grade 1 or Grade 2 Water Distribution Operator exam. This course satisfies the 36 hour (3-unit) Specialized Training Requirement for the Grade 2 Water Distribution Operator Exam. There are no prerequisites for this course. Class materials and a calculator with a ten-digit display will be provided.
Upon successful completion of class, students will be able to:
- Define pipe maintenance and pipe features.
- Explain reducing agents, trihalomethanes, and breakpoint chlorination.
- Identify the different types of chlorine equipment and their uses.
- Explain basic distribution system construction and design.
- Summarize the factors that influence disinfection and describe the various types of disinfectants.
- Identify the importance of proper system surveillance, water quality monitoring, and cross connection.
- Explain the significance of lock out/tag out standards, and identify the standards of trenching and shoring safety and other safety issues related to the operation of a distribution system.
- Calculate square feet, cubic feet, volume, and conversion of flows, pounds formula, mg/L, velocity, detention time and pressure.
- Understand and explain basic regulatory requirements as they relate to the operation of a distribution system.
- Identify the importance of sampling and sampling plans, and demonstrate proper sampling procedures.
SIGN IN: 7:45am on Monday.
CLASS IS: Monday-Thursday 8am-5pm and Friday 8am-12pm. Lunch will be provided by CRWA daily.
Contact Hours: Students may earn 36 Water Contact Hours or 3.6 IACET Continuing Education Units and 36 REHS/CEUs
||Sacramento (Sacramento County)